JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A local family escaped a fire caused by a space heater early Monday morning, according to the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department.
JFRD responded to the fire around 8:15 a.m. on Breve Drive.
JFRD Chief Jason Tidwell said that the space heater was too close to linens in one of the family's bedrooms.
The occupants were able to maintain the flames in one bedroom and only half the home was damaged.
Everyone inside the home was able to get outside the home without injuries.
According to Chief Tidwell, this a bad time of year for space heater fires; It's best to keep space heaters far away from linens and curtains.
First Coast News