Flu shots highly recommended by doctors to shorten course of the flu and prevent it's spread
Veterans may still receive the flu shot at one of thirteen North Florida/South Georgia Veteran Health System facilities.
The vaccines are available to eligible veterans enrolled with the health system, according to a news release from the VA.
The release said vaccines will be available until January 25.
Veterans coming to get the flu vaccine should bring with them their VA ID card.
The flu shots are only available to veterans who are presently enrolled within the North Florida/South Georgia Veterans Health System.
If you already have an appointment scheduled during flu season at the Gainesville or Lake City Medical Center, the release said you may get your flu vaccine during your appointment.
For additional information or updates please call 1-800-324-8387, ext. 3358.
The dates, times and locations for the flu vaccine are as follows:
Gainesville VA Medical Center
- Main Lab - Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Primary Care - Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tallahassee (OPC) Main Location
- Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Lake City VA Medical Center
- Main Entrance - Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Outpatient Entrance/Pharmacy - Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Jacksonville OPC (Main & South Point Locations)
- Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. by appointment.
First Coast News