If you'd rather watch Puppy Bowl rather than the Super Bowl, you're not alone.
(Photo: Keith Barraclough, AP)
Last year, Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show attracted 114 million viewers, scoring higher ratings than average viewership for the game itself.
If you're among those interested less in the game but more in what's happening around it, there are plenty of options:
- Skip the play-by-play and watch the ads.
- Cheer for a different kind of gridiron action at the Puppy Bowl
- Amble over to AMC for a Walking Dead marathon.
- Follow the triumphs and tragedies of more refined players on the third season of Downton Abbey, now out on DVD. Previous seasons are available on iTunes, and the newest episode airs Sunday at 9 p.m. ET on PBS.
- On Netflix, all 13 episodes of House of Cards, Kevin Spacey's drama with endless political intrigue, are available for viewing.
- Strategize how to buy the best pieces from Target's upcoming collaboration with hot designer Prabal Gurung. It doesn't hit shelves until Feb. 10, but, it's never too early to dream about fashion.
- Declutter your DVR.
- Catch up on Oscar-nominated films.
- Go to dinner with friends who share your disinterest in the Super Bowl.
- Read the Sunday papers cover to cover.
- Go to bed early.