Chefs-in-training were in our kitchen today. Here are their tasty recipes:
1/2 Eggplant, medium diced seeded
1 ea Squash seeded and diced medium
1 ea Zucchini seeded and diced medium
1 ea Clove Garlic minced
1/2 qt Onions, diced
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
1 Roma Tomato, concasse
3 oz Butter
1 tsp Thyme
1. Add butter melted and add garlic do not burn, add onions, egg plant, squash, zuccnnie, tomatoes, tomatoe
paste, stir salt and pepper t.t
2. Sauté on medium heat for 5 mins check and stir
3. Cover once again for 5 mins and then take off stove
4. Add thyme then cover in pan and set till needed.
CHICKEN OX TONGUE MOUSSELINE
4 ea Chicken Breast, Airlined
5 ea Ox Tongue, sliced and rounded
1 ea Lemon, juiced
TT White Pepper
3 oz Butter
6-7 oz Tenders and scrapings
6 oz Heavy Cream
1 Egg White
1. Clean chicken take tenders off chicken and set aside for Mousseline,
2. Make 3 incisions in chicken at a 35 degree angle far enough down not to pierce the bottom of chicken on all four
pieces, take metal round and cut 12 rounds out of each tongue slice
3. Place 1 round tongue slice in each slit end result of 3 tongue slices on each chicken breast.
4. Repeat on all chicken breast and set in cooler. Take scraps and add to food processor blend and add egg white
and nutmeg, add heavy cream at a steady stream salt and pepper t.t .
5. Scrap out of food processor and scrape through a sifter using dough scraper.
6. Take extra scraps from ox tongue and brunoise and add to Mousseline and refrigerate till needed.
7. Using 2 tablespoons make quenelle and drop in blanch pot for 5 mins
8. Take out and drain on paper towel.
9. Hold until service.
First Coast News