1 lb fresh asparagus spears
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon zesty Creole seasoning
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons + 3/4 cup water, divided
3/4 cup plain Greek (or regular) yogurt
1 (1.25-oz) packet broccoli cheese soup mix
1/4 cup diced green chiles
• Trim asparagus, removing tough root end.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Coat both sides of chicken with
Creole seasoning. Place oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until
2. Reduce heat to medium-low. Arrange asparagus spears over chicken. Add 2 tablespoons
water and cover; cook 4-5 minutes or until chicken is 165°F and asparagus is tender.
Transfer asparagus to serving plates; top with chicken.
3. Whisk together 3/4 cup water, yogurt, and dry soup mix in small saucepan; bring just to a
boil on medium. Reduce heat to low and stir in green chilies; simmer 2-3 minutes or until
thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 135mg; SODIUM 1110mg; CARB 11g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN
52g; VIT A 20%; VIT C 25%; CALC 10%; IRON 15%
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup tomato basil bruschetta topping
1/2 cup fried peppers and onions
4 Deli pita bread
4 oz Deli classic hummus
• Preheat oven to 450°F.
• Cut cream cheese into cubes; let stand at room temperature to soften.
1. Combine bruschetta topping and fried peppers and onions. Bake bread 5 minutes or
2. Blend cream cheese and hummus together until smooth. Spread hummus mixture evenly
over each toast; top with bruschetta mixture. Bake 3 more minutes or until hot. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 320kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 750mg; CARB 20g; FIBER 5g; PROTEIN
7g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 70%; CALC 6%; IRON 4%
First Coast News