EASY CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES
8 oz cream cheese
8 slices bacon
2 (20-oz) packages refrigerated homestyle
1 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 cup frozen green peas
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Cut cream cheese into chunks; place in large bowl to soften.
• Coat 13- x 9-inch baking dish with spray.
1. Cook bacon following package instructions. Crumble bacon into bite-size pieces.
2. Place potatoes and broth in microwave-safe dish and cover; microwave on HIGH for 10
minutes. Stir potatoes and replace cover; microwave 5 more minutes.
3. Stir into cream cheese: bacon, sour cream, peas, and 1 3/4 cups cheese. Transfer to
baking dish and cover; bake 55 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Remove cover; sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
CALORIES (per 1/12 recipe) 290kcal; FAT 17g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 490mg; CARB 23g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN
11g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 10%; CALC 15%; IRON 6% Total Time: 75 minutes, Active Time: 15 minutes (Makes 12
GREEN BEANS WITH MUSHROOMS AND CHEESE
4 oz white Cheddar cheese
1 lb fresh green beans
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon water
8 oz fresh pre-sliced baby portabellas
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 oz lemon herb butter
• Grate or cut cheese into small pieces.
• Trim beans; slice onion (about 1 cup).
1. Combine beans and water; microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain beans.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Add beans, mushrooms, onions,
and pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
3. Stir in herb butter and cheese until melted. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 140kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 160mg; CARB 8g; FIBER 8g; PROTEIN 5g;
VIT A 20%; VIT C 15%; CALC 15%; IRON 10% Total Time: 20 minutes (Makes 8 Servings.)
CHOCOLATE MINT CHEESECAKE CHARLOTTE
1 (12-oz) Bakery butter loaf cake, very thinly
8 small dark chocolate peppermint patties,
8 square fudge mint cookies, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 box no-bake cheesecake mix (about 11 oz;
filling portion only)
Whipped topping (optional)
• Cut cake into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
• Chop peppermint patties and cookies.
1. Place milk and filling mix in medium bowl; beat with mixer on low 1 minute. Add
chopped patties; mix on high 3-4 minutes or until thick.
2. Line 3-quart dessert bowl with cake slices, covering bottom and sides (reserving some
slices for top). Spoon one-half of the filling over the cake slices, then add one-half of the
cookie crumbs; repeat. Finish with a layer of cake slices. Chill 30 minutes or until firm.
3. Invert dessert onto serving plate before slicing, if desired. Serve with whipped topping.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 490kcal; FAT 18g; CHOL 55mg; SODIUM 570mg; CARB 79g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN
6g; VIT A 6%; VIT C 0%; CALC 20%; IRON 10% Total Time: 45 minutes, Active Time: 15 minutes (Makes 8
First Coast News