2 cups prepared sour cream and chive
1/3 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 large egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (NY-strip, skirt, or
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 bag fresh spinach (8-10 oz)
1 (10-oz) container roasted garlic cooking
2 tablespoons béarnaise sauce mix
1. Combine potatoes, bacon, cheese, 2 tablespoons flour (or more, if potatoes too soft),
and egg until blended. Form into six patties. Place 1/2 cup flour on plate; coat both sides of
patties with flour. Set aside.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season steaks with pepper and
1/2 teaspoon salt. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add steaks; cook 3-4 minutes on each
side or until 145°F (for medium-rare). Remove steaks from pan; cover to keep warm.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Place remaining 2 tablespoons oil in pan, then add 3 patties;
cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to paper towels to drain; cover to
keep warm. Repeat with remaining 3 patties.
4. Place spinach in large microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes
or until tender. Slice steak thinly across grain.
5. Combine 1/2 cup cooking crème and béarnaise sauce mix in microwave-safe bowl;
microwave on HIGH 1 minute, stirring often, or until hot.
6. Drain spinach, if needed; stir in remaining cooking crème and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Divide
spinach over potato cakes, top with steak, and drizzle with sauce. Serve.
CHEESECAKE COOKIE BARS
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick),
10 chocolate sandwich cookies
1 (8-oz) tub white chocolate cream cheese
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter. Coat 9-inch-square baking dish with 1 tablespoon
butter. Crush cookies; combine with 3 tablespoons of the butter. Press mixture into dish;
bake 5 minutes.
2. Combine white chocolate spread, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and flour with electric
mixer until smooth.
© 2011 Publix Super Markets Inc. 05/12-0088
3. Fold in chocolate chips; drop by spoonfuls onto crust. Drop spoonfuls of milk chocolate
spread in between; press gently with back of spoon to swirl. Bake 20-25 minutes or until
top is golden and firm. Let stand 8-10 minutes to cool. Cut into bars and serve. (Makes 8
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 430kcal; FAT 27g; CHOL
First Coast News