Get ready to add some spice to your life! Bonefish Grill is in the GMJ kitchen this morning. They are cooking up some delicious, easy recipes. Bonefish Grill is located at 10950 San Jose Boulevard or visit their website at www.bonefishgrill.com.
Warm Mango Salsa
2 each or 2½ cups Firm, fresh mangos
2 tbsp Fresh red pepper, diced
1 tbsp Fresh garlic, chopped
¼ cup Red onion, diced
1 tbsp Olive oil
¼ tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
3 tbsp Light corn syrup
1 tbsp Granulated sugar
2 each or 2 tbsp Scallions, chopped
¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
1) Peel, seed and dice mango.
2) Place 2 cups of mango into a large bowl with garlic and red pepper- reserve ½ cup of mango.
3) Place reserved mango in blender and puree until smooth. Combine with diced mango, garlic, and red pepper.
4) Heat olive oil in small sauté pan - add red onions and cook until tender (about 2 to 3 minutes). (Note: Red onions can be substituted with yellow onions.)
5) Place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
6) Combine with all remaining ingredients and add to bowl with mango. Mix well.
7) Pour into a small sauté pan and heat for 1 to 2 minutes - until warmed.
8) Remove from heat and stir in scallions and cilantro.
9) Serve immediately over fish.
Pan Asian Sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 cup oyster sauce
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp. coarsely chopped cilantro
1) In a medium sauce pan, sautee the minced ginger in the olive oil until fragrant.
2) In a bowl, thoroughly combine the soy sauce, ketchup, oyster sauce, lemon juice and water and add to sauté pan.
3) Bring the mixture to a slow boil, then slowly add sugar over low-med heat for about 5 minutes.
4) If desired, add a little hot water to the sauce to thin it.
First Coast News