Thai Curry Scallops - Serves 4
1½ # Sea Scallops (as large as you can find)
1 ea Japanese Eggplant, cut into ¼" thick half moons
8oz Chinese Long Beans or Green Beans, blanched in boiling water
1 ea red pepper
1 tsp fresh minced garlic
1 tsp fresh minced ginger
1 can coconut milk
1 tbsp green Thai curry paste
1 oz fresh watercress for garnish
salt to taste
- In a 10" sauté pan, heat 2Tbsp of vegetable oil. Add the eggplant and cook until ¾ soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic and toss to coat. Add the beans and peppers and cook for one additional minute. Reserve.
- Heat 2tbsp oil in another 10" pan. Pat the scallops dry and season with salt on both sides
- Sear the scallops to golden brown on both sides and remove to the pan with the vegetables
- Add the curry paste to the hot pan and sauté briefly
- Add the coconut milk and whisk to combine. Reduce the milk by half.
- To plate, divide the vegetables in the center of 4 plates. Pour some of the sauce around the veg and place the scallops on the sauce. Garnish the top of the vegetables with a few sprigs of fresh watercress
First Coast News