POTATO-CRUSTED PORK CHOPS AND TOMATO GRAVY
1 carton dry hashbrown potatoes (4-5 oz)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
4 bone-in pork sirloin chops (1 1/2 lb)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup canola oil
1 jar/can chicken gravy (12-14.5 oz)
1 (8-oz) can mild tomato sauce with green
• Add hot tap water to potatoes following package instructions.
1. Place flour in shallow bowl; place eggs in second shallow bowl (whisk until blended).
Remove any excess water from potatoes and place in third shallow bowl.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip each pork chop in flour (coating both sides)
then dip into eggs (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, coat both sides of pork chops with
potatoes; press with fingertips to coat evenly (wash hands).
3. Preheat oil in large sauté pan on medium 3-4 minutes. Add 2 pork chops; cook 4-5
minutes on each side or until pork is 145°F and potatoes are golden and crisp. Place on
paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining chops; add a little more oil, if needed.
4. Combine gravy and tomato sauce in saucepan on medium heat; bring to a simmer. Serve
over pork chops.
1 (12-oz) package frozen broccoli with
1 (10.75-oz) can 98% fat-free condensed
broccoli cheese soup
1/2 cup light herb/garlic spreadable cheese
14 round buttery-flavor crackers, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine all ingredients (except crackers); place in 2-quart baking
2. Crush crackers (3/4 cup) and sprinkle over broccoli mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes or until
golden and bubbly. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
First Coast News