Start your summer off right with Seasons 52 in the Good Morning Jacksonville kitchen. Their refreshing recipes will put you in the vacation-state in no time. Seasons 52 is located at 5096 Big Island Dr or you can visit their website at www.seasons52.com.
Tomato & Avocado Salad
3 medium tomatoes, washed, each cut into 8 wedges
2 ripe avocados, skin removed, pitted, cut into 1" pieces
¼ cup fresh cilantro, washed, chopped
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 packed pint arugula
Drizzle balsamic glaze
1 loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 1" slices
Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
Kosher salt to taste
Ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Gently mix well.
2. Brush both sides of ciabatta slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear in hot frying pan or grill until golden brown.
3. Gently toss tomato avocado salad with arugula, plate and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
4. Serve with ciabatta.
Wild Alaskan Copper River Salmon
Ingredients for Marinade:
4 fresh salmon filets (6 to 8 ounces per piece, boneless, skinless)
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon malt vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (plus some for planks)
Combine ingredients above and lemon zest in a small glass dish
Coat salmon filets with marinade and allow to marinate for one hour
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 475°F.
2. Remove cedar planks from soaking water. Rub cedar planks with extra virgin olive oil.
3. Place salmon filets on cedar planks and season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
4. Roast salmon 8-10 minutes (depending on size of filets).
5. Serve with lemon and your favorite side dishes.
First Coast News