1/4 cup flour
2 large eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
1 tablespoon water
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 lb jumbo peeled/deveined shrimp
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup pineapple/apricot preserves
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
1. Place flour on plate (can be paper). Combine eggs and water in shallow bowl. Combine
in second shallow bowl, panko, coconut, salt, and allspice.
2. Dip each shrimp in flour (coating both sides), then dip into egg mixture (allowing excess
to drip off). Finally, dip into coconut mixture. Wash hands.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add one-half
of the shrimp; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels; repeat
with remaining shrimp.
4. Combine preserves and horseradish in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 1-2
minutes, stirring once, or until melted. Stir sauce and serve with shrimp.
CHOCOLATE CHERRIES JUBILEE CHEESECAKE
1 cup heavy whipping cream
6 slices Bakery NY-style cheesecake
1 (10-oz) bag bittersweet chocolate morsels
(about 2 cups)
1 (20-oz) can light cherry pie filling
1/4 cup cream sherry (optional)
1. Place cream in small saucepan; heat on medium-high 4-5 minutes or until hot and
steaming. Arrange cheesecake slices on serving dishes.
2. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate morsels (do not stir); let stand 3-4 minutes.
Combine pie filling and sherry in small bowl until blended.
3. Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth; pour over cheesecake slices. Top with cherry
mixture. Chill until ready to serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
First Coast News