CHICKEN PONZU OVER RICE
1/2 green bell pepper
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
1/2 cup pre-sliced green onions
8 oz fresh pre-sliced mushrooms
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 oz sliced water chestnuts (drained)
1/3 cup ponzu sauce
2 tablespoons molasses
2 (10-oz) bags frozen pre-cooked white rice
• Cut bell pepper into bite-size pieces.
• Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (wash hands).
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add garlic,
green onions, and mushrooms. Cover, then cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Move mushrooms to one side of pan; add chicken,
bell peppers, and water chestnuts. Cook and stir 4 minutes or until chicken is browned.
3. Stir in ponzu sauce and molasses; cook 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
4. Microwave rice on HIGH 3 1/2-4 1/2 minutes or until steaming. Serve chicken over rice.
CARROTS AND SUGAR SNAP PEAS
8 oz fresh sugar snap peas
8 oz fresh baby carrots
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
• Snip ends of peas, if needed; set aside.
1. Place carrots in microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3-4 more minutes or until
tender. Stir and serve.
First Coast News