Sweet and sour fish with roasted sweet potatoes and apples
1 medium tart green apple, finely chopped
2 ribs celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup cornstarch
Large zip-top bag
4 fish fillets (such as tilapia, orange roughy,
or haddock; 1 1/2 lb)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup fresh pre-diced yellow onions
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
• Chop apple and celery.
1. Place cornstarch in bag. Add fish; seal bag and shake to coat.
2. Preheat large nonstick sauté pan 2-3 minutes on medium-high. Place oil in pan, then add
fish; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until 145°F (or opaque and separates easily). Remove
fish from pan; cover loosely and set aside.
3. Reduce heat on pan to medium. Place apples, onions, and celery in pan; cook 3-4
minutes or until tender.
4. Combine remaining ingredients, then add to apple mixture; cook 1-2 minutes or until
thickened. Serve over fish.
roasted sweet potatoes and apples
1 large sweet potato, chopped
1 medium tart green apple, chopped
1 loaf Bakery challah bread
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 tablespoons honey, divided
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced yellow onions
• Preheat oven to 400°F.
• Peel sweet potato and apple; cut into bite-size pieces.
• Cut one-half of the bread (3 cups) into bite-size pieces.
1. Whisk in large bowl: cinnamon, salt, pepper, oil, and 2 tablespoons honey until
thoroughly blended; stir in sweet potatoes, apples, bread, and onions. Transfer to baking
sheet; bake 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and bread is browned.
2. Transfer mixture to serving bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon honey. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 370kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 40mg; SODIUM 370mg; CARB 56g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN
First Coast News