1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 (1-oz) package spicy ranch dressing
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (NY strip, ribeye,
1 (24- x 12-inch) sheet aluminum foil
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
• Slice one-half each of the onion and pepper; place in zip-top bag.
1. Add ranch seasoning, oil, and sun-dried tomatoes to bag; shake to blend. Add steaks
and seal bag tightly; turn bag to evenly coat steaks. Let stand 10 minutes up to 2 hours to
marinate. Preheat grill pan (or grill).
2. Transfer peppers, onions, and tomatoes to center of foil (discarding marinade). Bring up
foil sides; then double-fold top and ends to seal the package. Place steaks in grill pan (or on
grill); grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium-rare).
3. Remove steaks from grill; let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Place vegetable packet
in grill pan (or on grill); grill 7-8 minutes or until tender. Top steaks with grilled vegetables
and top with cheese. Serve.
juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons cilantro herb paste
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 oz watercress leaves (or 1 bunch)
1 (14-oz) can salad-cut hearts of palm
1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
• Squeeze lemon for juice (1 tablespoon).
1. Whisk together in salad bowl, lemon juice, herb paste, and olive oil.
2. Cut watercress, if pre-washed and trimmed, into bite-size pieces. (If using watercress in a
bunch, trim stems and rinse well before cutting to size.) Add remaining ingredients; toss
First Coast News