Mixed lettuce greens (baby romaine, and large romaine, red leaf, green leaf and arugula
2 green onions, sliced
4 green peppers grilled or roasted
1 ½ bunches of fresh asparagus spears, roasted, cooled and chopped
2 small zucchini or squash
2 ears of corn grilled or roasted
Feta cheese, crumbled
freshly ground black pepper
Fresh basil chopped (optional)
4 Tomatoes sliced into quarters and sliced again
1. Preheat oven to 350. ( or grille on the bar-b-cue).
2. Place asparagus, zucchini or squash on a small cookie sheet, toss with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Roast in oven for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Cool and chop into bite-size pieces.
4. Assemble all ingredients above in a large bowl.
5. Toss with dressing below and serve.
½-3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup of white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
pinch or two of kosher salt 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper and a pinch of sugar
A splash of lemon!
1. Put all ingredients in a small glass jar and shake until combined well.