DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WESH) -- A student on spring break leapt from a hotel balcony after spotting flames Thursday.
A fire broke out at the Mayan Inn in Daytona Beach. It started in a storage unit and quickly grew, even damaging a nearby car.
The breaker, who was staying at the hotel, was spooked by the flames, according to authorities, so he jumped off a balcony. He suffered only minor injuries.
Firefighters arrived to heavy smoke and flames. They immediately evacuated the hotel.
Crews quickly knocked down the flames. There was no immediate word on how much damage was done to the building.
It was not immediately clear what started the blaze. Investigators will look into it.