ATLANTA -- A space heater may have been the cause of an early morning at a Midtown Atlanta apartment complex that displaced at least six families two days before Christmas.
Atlanta police told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that investigators found marijuana plants growing inside one of the units at the Victory Group Apartments on Peachtree Place.
The Red Cross is assisting eight adults and two children who were displaced by the fire. The blaze was reported at about 3 am. Sunday.
Investigators said one of the apartments residents had been using a space heater.
Police said the marijuana plants were discovered by emergency personnel making sure everyone was out of the apartments safely.