LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
LIVE VIDEO: First Coast News at Noon    Watch

Chapel Hill High School student catches on fire during presentation

10:19 PM, Oct 5, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ga. -- A Chapel Hill High School student is recovering from burns she received during an Advanced Placement open house presentation Thursday night.

The student suffered burns on 25-percent of her upper body. She is expected to make a full recovery.
A surveillance camera caught the accident. The footage shows a flammable liquid used during the demonstration igniting.

Investigators say one teacher pushed the 12th grade student to the ground then another teacher grabbed a fire blanket to extinguish the flames.

11 Alive

Most Watched Videos