JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Bahama Breeze Restaraunt brings the feeling of an island escape with the flavors of their Caribbean food and they shared some of their most popular dishes with First Coast News.
Bahama Breeze is located at the St. John's Town Center at 10205 River Coast Drive.
They're open Sunday-Thursday 11:00 AM-11:00 PM and Friday-Saturday 11:00 AM-12:00 AM.
Visit their website www.BahamaBreeze.com for a full list of their menu options.
FIRE ROASTED JERK SHRIMP (SERVES 2)
- Your Favorite Beer - ½ cup
- Ground Allspice - ¼ teaspoon
- **Scotch Bonnet Pepper, minced - ½ teaspoon
- ** Be sure to use gloves when mincing Scotch bonnet peppers. Wash hands thoroughly to prevent heat transfer from peppers.
- Chopped Garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Thyme leaves -1 teaspoon
- Sliced Scallions - 1 tablespoon
- Medium Shrimp - 12 ounces
- Melted Butter - 4 tablespoons
- Cuban or French Baguette - 1 Loaf
Preparation: Preheat oven to 500ºF; place beer, spice and herbs in a 1 quart baking dish; add the shrimp. Top the shrimp with melted butter. Slice the loaf of bread into 1-inch thick slices. Place shrimp and bread on the middle rack of the oven, separately. Remove from oven when bread is golden and shrimp is bubbling hot. This should take 4 -5 minutes.
CHIPOTLE BEEF BOWL (SERVES 4)
- Cooking oil
- 1.5 lbs Top Sirloin Steak cut into strips
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Scallions, sliced ¼ inch - 1 cup
- Canned Black Beans, rinsed - 1 cup
- Mexican 3 Cheese Blend - 1 cup
- Pico de Gallo - 1 cup
- 2 Avocados, diced
- Sour Cream - ½ cup
- Basmati OR White Rice Prepared to Taste
- Chipotle Sauce - 1.5 - 2 cups
- Cooking oil, as needed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Tomato Paste - 2 tablespoons
- Beef stock, low sodium - 1 quart
- 1 each chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce, seeds removed and diced
- Cornstarch dissolved in water - 1 tablespoon
- Preparation: Heat oil in skillet; when hot add onion and garlic and sauté until the onions lose their raw appearance. Add tomato paste, beef stock and diced chipotle pepper, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cornstarch and water slurry to thicken the sauce and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Cut heat and strain to remove onion and garlic.
- Preparation: Heat oil in skillet until hot; season meat with salt & pepper. Add seasoned meat to hot skillet; sear until meat is almost cooked then add scallions, black beans and chipotle sauce; bring to a boil and cut heat. Divide rice into 4 bowls and top in this order:
- Sprinkle cheese all over rice
- Top with beef, scallions, black beans and sauce
- Top with pico de gallo
- Top with diced avocados
- Top with sour cream and enjoy
First Coast News