Presented by Omni Hotels & Resorts - Amelia Island Plantation
1 oz. canola oil
5 oz. Mango, Julienne (about 1)
0.5 oz. Leeks, Juliene
2 oz. Brussels Sprouts, shaved
1 tbsp. pickling spice (wrapped in a coffee filter)
0.75 cups water
4 tbsp. sugar
0.5 tbsp. kosher salt
0.5 cups apple cider vinegar
1. Heat blended oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
2. Add mango, leek and brussels sprouts.
3. Saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add the pickling brine and let reduce by half
5. Simmer for 10 minutes and remove pickling spice bag.
6. Divide the Chow Chow into mason jars and seal while still warm.
7. Allow to cool and reserve refrigirated for service.
First Coast News