JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- As runners gear up for the "26.2 with Donna - The National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer" in Jacksonville Beach this weekend, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office is preparing for road closures and detours in association with the event.
The JSO will be working with the Atlantic Beach Police Department, the Jacksonville Beach Police Department and the Neptune Beach Police Department to ensure the safety of runners and to help monitor traffic flow.
- The eastbound lanes of J. Turner Butler Boulevard (JTB/SR 202) will be closed from Hodges Boulevard to A1A from 4:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 12.
- *Local traffic headed south on San Pablo Road will be allowed. All Ponte Vedra Beach and Jacksonville Beach traffic will be detoured to Hodges Boulevard north and east on Beach Boulevard.
- The westbound lanes of JTB will be closed from the San Pablo Road exit will be closed from 4:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 12.
- San Pablo Road will be closed from William Davis Parkway to JTB from 4:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 12
- JTB eastbound exit north onto Kernan Boulevard or Hodges Boulevard and go east/west on Beach Boulevard.
- JTB eastbound exit north on to Kernan Boulevard or Hodges Blvd. and go east/west on Atlantic Boulevard.
Free shuttle transportation will be available to all runners and spectators. For more information on race day shuttles schedules and pick-up/drop-off locations please go to: www.breastcancermarathon.com/run/transportation-parking.
For information on "26.2 with Donna - The National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer", please visit www.breastcancermarathon.com .
First Coast News