LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
 

Neighbor helps man escape Jacksonville house fire

1:37 PM, Mar 18, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

First Coast News Apps

Get the FCN APPS

- Weather: Android | iPhoneiPad
- News: AndroidiPhone | Mobile Web
- Political Florida: Android | iPhone/iPad
  Windows Phone | Mobile Web

- Deal Chicken: Android | iPhone | Mobile Web

 

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Two people were taken to the hospital after a fire started in a Westside garage on Monday.

A neighbor who saw the fire went into the home in the 8300 block of Grampell Drive to help a male resident get out, according to Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department District Chief Mike Allen.

That neighbor was then taken to the hospital for chest pains and possible smoke inhalation. A JFRD firefighter was also taken to the hospital with chest pains.

With the neighbor's assistance, the male resident escaped the home without injury.

The home is heavily damaged and the State Fire Marshal is investigating, Allen said.


First Coast News

Most Watched Videos