JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Sexual battery suspect Jerry Gallion made his first appearance in court Saturday morning on sexual battery charges and was given no bond.
The judge overseeing first appearance court listed his charges as sexual battery and kidnapping.
At 4:35 p.m. Friday, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office asked for public assistance in helping to locate sexual battery suspect Jerry Gallion.
During a press conference Friday JSO said there had been four sexual assaults reported since February 8th, the most recent incident happening Friday morning.
The department's assistant chief said Gallion is believed to be responsible for the first sexual assault that took place near 400 East Union St. on February 8th.
"The victims have been homeless or transient, yes to a certain extent, but at the same time I don't want to paint a picture of a victim within a category because I don't know anyone else out there who might be walking and let their guard down," said Chris Butler, Assistant Chief of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
Gallion had not been named in the three other cases but they are similar and located around a five block area of downtown Jacksonville, according to JSO.
The second sexual assault was reported February 24th, near 600 Market St.
The third sexual assault was reported on April 6th, near 31 East Monroe St. and the fourth was reported Friday morning near 530 North Washington St.
Gallion next court appearance is set for May 13th for arraignment.
First Coast News