PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- On June 14, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office Street Crime Unit made nine arrests, according to a PCSO press release.
Ed Tramaine Brown, Jr., 24, was stopped for not wearing a seatbelt. When stopped, Brown allegedly stated his license was suspended and a marijuana 'shake' was located in his lap. During the search, the officer reported to have found a marijuana cigarette in his hand.
During a strip search at the jail, 20 'nickel bags' of weed were reported to be found in Brown's shoe. The report said Brown is charged with possession of cannabis with intent to sell, drug paraphernalia and cannabis under 20 grams, as well as introduction of contraband into corrections facility and driving while license suspended/revoked.
Additionally, Anthony Royster, 20, was stopped by Sergeant David Roe for allegedly driving 82 miles-per-hour in a 45 mile-per-hour zone. The officer allegedly smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle and conducted a search. The report said the Roe found a plastic bag of marijuana weighing approximately 27-grams and a digital scale.
Royster, the driver of the vehicle, allegedly admitted to drug possession and selling earlier at a club. A passenger, Patrick Offord, 20, was searched and had two small "nickel bags" of marijuana in his front left pocket, according to the report.
Offord is charged for possession of cannabis under 20 grams and Royster is charged for possession of cannabis over 20 grams, possession of cannabis with intent to sell and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Other charges by PCSO officers include:
- Jason Santiago, 28, trafficking oxycodone.
- Christina Swinson, 26, warrant for violation of probation for possession of cannabis under 20 grams.
- Roney White, 49, warrant for failure to appear at sentencing of two counts of sale of cocaine and warrant for failure to appear at sentencing for possession of cocaine.
- Julius Moore, 39, possession of controlled substance, violation of probation and warrant for manufacture of methamphetamine.
- Karl Bradford, 24, possession of cannabis under 20 grams and resisting without violence
- Teresa M. Harris, 37, warrant for issuing worthless checks.
First Coast News