LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
 

Jags owner Shad Khan says no new deal for Maurice Jones-Drew

3:49 PM, Jul 25, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Posted by Darin Gantt, ProFootballTalk.com

No one seems to know whether Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew is coming to camp.

But Jags owner Shad Khan said in unmistakable terms that the veteran back isn't getting the new contract he wants.

Khan told Vito Stellino of our Florida Times-Union news partner there are no plans to give him a new deal.

"There's no decision here," Khan said. "It's his choice. There's been very little for us to do rather than wait on whatever he might choose to do."

Asked if he had made a decision by not giving Jones-Drew the new deal he wants, Khan replied: "There's more than 50 players under contract. There are other people under contract in management, coaches. Does that mean if you do it for one, you do it for everybody? Where do you draw the line?"

RELATED: Jaguars GM has no plans to give MJD new contract

Jones-Drew has two years left on the five-year, $31 million deal he signed in 2008. He led the league in rushing last year and wants a new deal in light of contracts given to Matt Forte and Ray Rice, but it doesn't sound like Khan's budging.

Jones-Drew skipped the entire offseason, and hasn't had any contact with coach Mike Mularkey.

RELATED: Jacksonville Jaguars 2012 training camp preview

If he doesn't show, they can fine him $30,000 a day.

We'll find out soon how serious Jones-Drew is, as the Jaguars report to camp tomorrow.

First Coast News

Most Watched Videos