LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
 
 

Mobile home slayings trial resumes in Brunswick

4:17 AM, Oct 16, 2013   |    comments
Guy Heinze, Jr.
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) - The trial of a coastal Georgia man charged with clubbing his father and seven family members to death inside a Brunswick mobile home is scheduled to resume with the prosecution's witnesses taking the stand. 

Jurors in the case against 26-year-old Guy Heinze Jr. were expected to return to the Glynn County courthouse Wednesday.

Prosecutors opened the trial Tuesday by saying Heinze clubbed all eight victims so violently that police at first thought they had been shot. They said investigators found blood from several victims on Heinze's shorts and shoes. 

Heinze's defense lawyer argued that authorities have no motive that comes close to explaining why Heinze would kill so many of the people closest to him. They also say it's hard to believe one person could beat eight victims to death.

Prosecutor John B. Johnson told jurors in Brunswick during his opening statement Tuesday that Guy Heinze Jr. was high on crack cocaine in August 2009 when he clubbed all eight victims to death with what investigators suspect was a shotgun barrel.

Associated Press

Most Watched Videos