LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
 

Fraternal Order of Police Union: City of Jacksonville Moving Final Goal

4:15 PM, Nov 6, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville's police union is accusing the city of moving the goalposts after Saturday's negotiations.

In a statement, the Fraternal Order of Police said it agreed to 1 percent pay cuts in Year 1, and an additional 1 percent cut in Year 2, totaling 2 percent.

MORE: City Budget Battle Ends With a Vote Tonight

But the city is now seeking 4 percent cuts.

The Fraternal Order of Police also wanted the city to commit to rehiring dozens of recently laid-off police officers. But according to the FOP, the city will not do that.

Jacksonville Sheriff John Rutherford has said he has cut all he can from his department.

First Coast News

Most Watched Videos