LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch

If you live in Jacksonville and you have special evacuation needs

12:30 PM, Aug 23, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

People with special medical needs who require assistance during an evacuation should contact the Emergency Preparedness Division at 630-CITY (2489) to register.

Registration forms are also available online at on the "Emergency Preparedness" page. A new registry is created each year starting in January. Each client must re-register every year to remain in the system.

A person qualifying for special needs is predominantly someone who is medically dependent on electricity (i.e. electricity needed for life supporting equipment). This may also include a person with regular need for assistance with medications and/or observation, dementia, chronic conditions that require assistance and persons with contagious health conditions that require minimal precautions or isolation.

Each individual is notified by mail with information about what to bring to the shelter or hospital and to the appropriate
transportation agency to which they have been assigned.

First Coast News

Most Watched Videos