LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
 
LIVE VIDEO: Good Morning Jacksonville    Watch
 

Tunisia: Reported consulate suspect arrested

2:48 PM, Oct 24, 2012   |    comments
Libyan military guards check on the damaged U.S. Consulate in Benghazi on Sept. 14. (Photo: Mohammad Hannon, AP)
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) - The Tunisian government has confirmed it has arrested a 28-year-old Tunisian reportedly linked to the U.S. consulate attack in Libya.

Tunisian Interior Ministry spokesman Tarrouch Khaled said Wednesday that Ali Harzi was in custody in Tunis. Khaled tells The Associated Press "his case is in the hands of justice." He did not elaborate.

In Washington, the State Department had no comment. Earlier this month, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said the U.S. has been looking into the arrests of two Tunisian men being detained in Turkey reportedly in connection with attacks on a consulate in Libya last month.

Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans died in the attack on the U.S. diplomatic post in the Libyan city of Benghazi on Sept. 11.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Associated Press

Most Watched Videos