LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
 

North Korea makes more threats after United Nations sanctions vote

8:33 PM, Mar 7, 2013   |    comments
NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 07: U.S. United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice (3R) votes at a U.N. Security Council meeting on imposing a fourth round of sanctions against North Korea in an attempt to halt its nuclear and ballistic missile programs on March 7, 2013 in New York City. North Korea vowed today to launch a preemptive nuclear strike against the United States. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

(AP) -- North Korea is canceling a hotline and a nonaggression pact with South Korea and reiterating past threats in anger over a U.N. Security Council vote to impose more sanctions on the North for its third nuclear test.

The statement the North issued Friday comes after the council leveled tough, new sanctions targeting the North's economy and leadership. North Korea already has threatened of a pre-emptive nuclear strike on the United States.

North Korea says it will retaliate with "crushing strikes" if enemies intrude into its territory. It also says it is voiding past nuclear disarmament statements between North and South Korea.

It previously said it was canceling a hotline with the United States and the armistice that closed the Korean War in 1953.

Associated Press

Most Watched Videos