JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- In this economy, quite a few people are choosing to rent over buying. So, we want to save you money.
The Federal Trade Commission said you can if you follow a few simple steps:
1. Don't limit your search to the classified ads.
2. Don't just rely on referrals from friends and acquaintances.
3. Choose buildings in areas where you want to live.
4. Ask the building manager if there is anything available.
5. Remember that signing a lease probably means you'll have to pay all monthly payments for the agreement term.
First Coast News