JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- October events in the greater Jacksonville area from Halloween celebrations to the return of the Sea and Sky Spectacular Air Show to the Beaches. Here's a list of things to do in town from Visit Jacksonville.
1-7. Jacksonville Senior Games "Forever Fit 50 & Beyond"
1-31. "Patterns" Juried Art Show at The Art Center Premiere Gallery
10-Nov. 25. "Phantom" at the Alhambra Dinner Theater
8. Columbus Day
10-14. "Phantom" at the Alhambra Dinner Theater
11. The 18th Annual Barbara Ann Campbell Memorial Breakfast hosted by the Hubbard House
11. Forward Stroke Clinic with Ocean World Surf Champion and Olympic Athlete, Oscar Chalupsky. Presented by First Coast Outfitters in Jacksonville Beach.
12. Comedian Kevin Hart at the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts
12. The San Marco Preservation Society hosts FREE Concert in the Park at Fletcher Park
12-14. Haunt Nights at Adventure Landing
12-14. Haunted Forest at Catty Shack Ranch
12-14. Night Terrors Haunted House on San Jose Blvd.
13. The Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra presents the Music of Queen at the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts
13. Jacksonville Bullies vs. New Jersey Rascals at the Veterans Memorial Arena
13. National College Fair at the Prime Osborn Convention Center
13. The Human Race 5K walk/run at the St. Johns Town Center benefiting the Jacksonville Arboretum
13. The 2012 Jacksonville CureSearch Walk at the Jacksonville Landing
13. Dogtoberfest 2012 at Metro Park in Downtown Jacksonville
14. Mythbusters: Behind the Myths LIVE at the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts
15-21. Winn-Dixie Jacksonville Open at TPC Sawgrass
16-21. "Phantom" at the Alhambra Dinner Theater
17. Gin Blossoms in concert at Whisky River
18-21. The Southern Women's Show at the Prime Osborn Convention Center
18-21. Night Terrors Haunted House on San Jose Blvd.
19. Monster Mash 5K Dash and 1M Fun Run family event at the Jacksonville Expo and Fairgrounds
19-21. Jax Sea & Sky Spectacular Air Show in Jacksonville Beach
19-21. Haunted Forest at Catty Shack Ranch
19-21. Haunt Nights at Adventure Landing
19-31. Spooktacular at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
20. Halloween Doors and More at the Jacksonville Expo and Fairgrounds
20. Zombie Buffett 5K at the Jacksonville Landing
20. Folio Weekly's Oktoberfest at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre
20. The Friends of Talbot Islands State Parks host the annual A Day for Hope and Friends benefit at Amelia Island State Park
20. Bold City Brewery's 4th Anniversary Party
20-21. Irishwaterdogs Invitational Kayak Fishing Tournament
21. Yappy Hour Howl-O-Ween at the Jacksonville Landing
23-28. "Phantom" at the Alhambra Dinner Theater
25. One Ocean hosts the 2nd annual James Beard Benefit Dinner with Azurea Chef Ted Peters, Chef Tom Gray of Bistro Aix, Chef Matthew Medure of Matthew's and Chef Brian Siebenschuh of Orsay
25-27. Florida/Georgia Celebrations at the Jacksonville Landing
25-28. Night Terrors Haunted House on San Jose Blvd.
26. The 2012 Fall Zoo Camp at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm
26-27. Creatures of the Night, Trick-or-Treating at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm
26-31. Haunt Nights at Adventure Landing
27. Georgia vs. Florida Football Classic at EverBank Field
28. Symphony Spooktacular at the Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts
28. Eli Young Band live in concert at Mavericks Rock N Honky Tonk
31. Night Terrors Haunted House on San Jose Blvd.
For more local events and conventions schedule go to : www.visitjacksonville.com/events
First Coast News