Biannela Marie Susana
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Some have called Biannela Susana, 27, "the worst mother in the world."
Friday, she goes to court to hear her fate, which could be up to 30 years in jail.
"She made more bad choices than most of us will make in 10 lifetimes," John Warnken, of New Port Richey told FCN via Skype.
In March 2012, Susana pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter via culpable negligence.
She waited eight hours to take her 2-year-old son to the hospital after finding him unconscious.
Doctors say the child might have survived if he had been treated sooner.
Her oldest son, Cristian Fernandez, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and aggravated battery. Fernandez was 12 years old at the time, making him the city's youngest killer. He himself was allegedly abused.
"She is guilty of all of what has been charged," Warnken said. "And she admitted to that. And I agree. That takes guts"
There is a website called SaveBiannela.org along with a petition of the same name.
There is also a "Save Biannela" Facebook page that was created on July 14. As of Thursday afternoon, it had nearly 3,000 "likes."
Warnken is one of them.
"I don't want to beat the girl down," he explained. "I just want to offer a friendly hand and say 'Hey. Here's a letter, here's a card. Here's a little money for your commissary.'"
Warnken, a father of three grown children, is aware of strong opposition. Nevertheless, he said he hopes Susana receives a lesser sentence.
"What I want to say is be a good mother now. Rehabilitate yourself," He said. "Do something that's right. The choice is up to her."
First Coast News reached out to the attorney representing the prosecution. Jackelyn Barnard, Director of Communications for the State Attorney's Office, said "it would be inappropriate to make a comment before the hearing."
First Coast News