JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The City of Jacksonville Solid Waste Division announced five dates for their mobile household hazardous waste and electronic waste collection events.
The dates run from January to May of 2013 and are as follows:
- Saturday, January 5 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Oceanway Park located at 2215 Sago Ave.
- Saturday, February 2 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ed Austin Regional Park located at 3450 Monument Road.
- Saturday, March 16 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Blue Cypress Park located at 4012 University Blvd. North.
- Saturday, April 6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Mandarin Park located at 14780 Mandarin Rd.
- Saturday, May 11 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Jacksonville Beach Public Works Department, Operations and Maintenance Facility parking lot located at 1460 Shetter Ave., Jacksonville Beach.
Household hazardous waste cannot be placed for curbside pickup.
Residents may also bring items to the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Facility located at 2675 Commonwealth Ave. The facility is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
The types of hazardous waste residents may drop off include:
- Paint, varnish or shellac
- Paint thinners and paint strippers
- Rechargeable, automobile or lead acid batteries
- Thermometers and thermostats
- Drain cleaners
- Pool, automobile, cleaning, lawn, garden and photographic chemicals
- Aerosol cans
- Fertilizer and pesticides
- Gun powder, ammunition and fireworks
- Fluorescent bulbs and tubes, including CFL light bulbs
- 20-pound propane cylinders
- Oil and oil filters
- Gasoline, diesel and kerosene
- Fire extinguishers
For additional information or to arrange for special handling of unusual waste material you may contact the city at 904-630-CITY or by visiting www.coj.net and searching "hazardous waste."
First Coast News