JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department extinguished a house fire in Riverside on Friday afternoon.
The fire was in the 2500 block of Myra Street. According to JFRD personnel at the scene, 2 upstairs apartments were affected.
The electrical fire happened around 4 p.m. and started in the stove and went up into the attic. The damage was not visible from the apartment's exterior.
The family living in the apartment, including four adults and three kids, has moved into a hotel.
They are being assisted by the Red Cross.
First Coast News