LIVE VIDEO: WTLV Live Video_1    Watch
 
LIVE VIDEO: First Coast News at 11    Watch
 

Marathon bombing victims urged to apply for funds

8:29 AM, May 22, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BOSTON (AP) -- The administrator of the Boston Marathon victims' compensation fund says so far just five people have filed applications for a portion of the $30 million the One Fund has already collected.

Kenneth Feinberg tells the Boston Herald that the families of the four people killed in the April 15 bombings and the ensuing manhunt, as well as the more than 260 who suffered physical injuries, have until June 15 to complete their applications. He says if they miss that deadline, they are out of luck.

Feinberg says he saw similar procrastination while serving as special master of the 9/11 Victims' Compensation Fund.

Feinberg has said that the families of those killed as well as victims who lost two limbs are likely to get about $1 million each.

Associated Press

Most Watched Videos