Glee star Cory Monteith, 31, was found dead in a hotel room in Vancouver on July 13.
(USA TODAY) -- The British Columbia coroner confirms that Glee actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol, the AP reports.
is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a
most tragic accident," the coroner's office said in a statement
The 31-year-old was found dead at the Fairmont Pacific
Rim hotel in Vancouver on Saturday after checking in there on July 6. He
was believed to be alone at the time of his death.
This spring, Monteith had voluntarily checked himself into rehab to deal with substance abuse issues, which he acknowledged struggling with since his teenage years.
In an interview with Parade magazine
in 2011, Monteith said hie drug use had spiraled out of control when he
was a young teen and that he was "doing anything and everything, as
much as possible."
In the last year of his life, Monteith had found romance with his Glee co-star
Lea Michele. Last month, the couple made their final public appearance
together and after news of his death broke over the weekend, Michele's
rep issued a brief statement on behalf of the star: "We ask that
everyone kindly respect Lea's privacy during this devastating time."